Review: Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep

by 6/12/2015 0 comments
I love Gin. She is kickass, she has a good heart and her determination is something to really admire. She also never, ever messes up. She's the Spider. She's patient. She always gets her mark.


Series: Elemental Assassin, #5
My Rating:
Genre: Urban Fantasy


Well, almost always. I had to LOL in this book cuz Gin gets sloppy. She's too personally invested in this mark. The one she's after this time is Mab. And Mab is personal. Mab has done terrible things to people all over Ashland. She's twisted and corrupt and takes pleasure from the pain of others. She disgusts me. She's also done terrible things to Gin, to Gin's family, and she's seeking to take out both Gin and her sister Bria. And if you know Gin, there is no way she is going to let anyone, and I mean anyone hurt her family. Especially not Mab.

But, because it's persona, Gin does get sloppy. And Gin is never sloppy. I can't really say exactly what happens because that would be spoiling it all for all you lovely readers who haven't read this book, or even started this series. And if you haven't, dear readers, please do. It's action packed, and the emotion is always bubbling under the surface. Raw and beautiful, the intensity of the relationships in this series really keeps me hooked. Anyway, I'm digressing a wee bit. Gin gets sloppy, but it makes for yet another action packed novel.

And I suppose, it ends...happily. It ends as it ought end, let me say that instead. Cuz this ain't no happily ever after, there is so much more to the story, and I can't wait to read more. What I am nervous and yet eager to read, is how Owen and Gin's relationship will factor into the upcoming books. Because they are both one hundred percent committed to each other, and I love that. But it also kind of worries me. I just hope nothing bad happens to these two. Gin deserves her own happily ever after too. 

Yet another riveting read and I'm ramped up for more from this wonderful author. 

Happy Reading
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: