Review: Fool for Love by Marie Force

by 12/18/2016 0 comments
I love a good love story, and Marie Force delivers two for two in her The McCarthys of Gansett Island series. Janey and Joe were intriguing in book one of this series, and I was curious to find out what, if anything, was between them. I have to say, I was a little shocked by how things played out.

Series: The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #2
My Rating: 5 ❀'s
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Add to Goodreads

I was not expecting things to end as they did with Janey and her long time boyfriend. And I was glad they did as I knew little about him except he wasn't around for Janey. Still, I ached for her. And I was angry for her too. I didn't see their relationship ending the way it did, though it certainly had to end.

And since it started out rough, I wasn't expecting things between Joe and Janey to develop as quickly as they did. I was thinking this novel was going to be more a slow burn but instead it was more of a sizzle. Yet, it made perfect sense that such long time friends could come together so....well, perfectly. I felt as though David had stolen so much from them in a way, that I was glad that they found their way to one another. It wasn't always easy. Joe was worried at times about whether they were moving too fast. Janey was scared she didn't know herself, or her feelings. But despite the little hiccoughs, this couple found their way together and it was high time too in my books.

If you've read book one, there's a wedding you won't want to miss in this book ;) I love the way family is such a big part of this series already, as is healing and I can't wait to read more from this author.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: