Review: Sawyer by Lori Foster

by 9/16/2013 0 comments
Mass Market Paperback212 pages
Published March 13th 2007 
by Harlequin Books (first published June 1st 2000)


Sawyer Hudson, the only doctor in Buckhorn County, took it upon himself to rescue the beautiful but enigmatic woman who came literally crashing into his life. Though he knew he should keep things platonic and professional, around her his body had other ideas. And his heart was no more cooperative.

Honey Malone was on the run, fleeing a dangerous predator, when she lost control of her car, drove into a lake--and found herself up to her neck in breathtaking men. After the brothers nursed her through her injuries, she tried to leave, but she hadn't bargained on their stubborn protectiveness. Or the passionate bond that tied her to Sawyer. 




My Thoughts

I have been meaning to give Lori Foster a try for ages. But, the TBR being what is it, my best intention also getting waylaid by books I've just discovered, it has taken me a long time to get to this author. And I'm really glad I finally got a chance to read one of her books. I absolutely love the focus on romance that this novel has. It's about the couple, pure and simple. Some people might prefer a longer, more developed back story, but I liked this novel just as it was. 

Sawyer: Mmm. Sexy doctor Sawyer is welcome to play doctor any time he likes. I liked how down to earth and kind Sawyer was. I also liked that he was all man, and was quite confounded by the fact that he was reacting in a sexual way to a woman who should have been just his patient. Sawyer has been the rock of his community for probably ever, he's the oldest in his family, and he doesn't want anyone messing with Honey. And that isn't just because he's concerned about her concussion  He doesn't exactly mean to stake a claim on her, but he does, and his brothers' ribbing is fun to read. His vulnerable side was something he was fully aware of, and he makes no bones about his intentions once he and Honey become intimate. He's simply not willing to venture into a real relationship because the last one was so craptastic. 

Honey: In PNR, this woman would be kick ass. In fact, she IS kick ass because she is so strong. She has five men, big hulking ones, fussing and worrying over her, telling her what to do, six if you count Sawyer's fifteen year old son, and she handles them all like a lion tamer. She yells and shakes a spatula at them and refuses to let them boss her or coddle her. It's so fun to read, and I love her independence. I really love how much she owns herself from the moment she's introduced right up to the end where she runs into the line of danger because she loves Sawyer and can't stand to think of him being hurt for her. She's a fighter through and through, and she knows what she wants and doesn't question that or herself in the slightest. 

The sex might be a tad vanilla for some readers, but I found it down right sexy. It was so telling of their emotions and just the perfect blend of description and use your own imagination, which I found a heck of a lot hotter than some more graphic, erotic books I've read. All in all, a truly great feel good read with wonderful characters. I can't wait to read more of this series. 

4 glittering stars

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: