Review: Revealed by Evangeline Anderson

by 2/03/2014 0 comments
Kindle Edition354 pages
Published February 24th 2012 
y Evangeline Anderson Books 
(first published January 12th 2012)

Nadiah has the Sight—the ability to see into the future. But the one thing she can’t see is how she’s ever going to be free of the blood bond her parents forced her into when she was only six. Her fiancĂ©e is an evil bastard who delights in torturing her and her only way out of a loveless marriage is for a Kindred warrior to challenge the hated bond. But Nadiah has no warrior to challenge for her—she just has Rast.

Adam Rast doesn’t know why he feels so protective and possessive of Nadiah, only that he’s willing to kill or die to protect her. When the chance to set her free arises, he takes it without hesitation, even though his lack of Kindred blood could mean his defeat or even his death. But Rast has a secret, one even he doesn’t know he possesses. When he undertakes Nadiah’s quest, the truth comes out in a strange and provocative way.

Can Nadiah and Rast live through their ordeal? Will the truth about Rast set them free…or kill them?


My Thoughts

I'm so excited to get back to this series. I was a little worried (just the weest bit) that after the fourth novel, where a lot of what had been developing over the first four books had been wrapped up, that the remaining books might verge and/or morph a bit too much for this reader to handle. I am happy to say, that was not the case at all! 

Revealed was a gripping read, begins the development of a new story arch for the series that is logical and fits in with what we know of the Kindred universe. A round of applause to Ms. Anderson! I loved that the series doesn't feel changed and that the characters we were introduced to are logically developed. Rast and Nadiah are a great couple, and I loved seeing them together. Rast was more of a traditional alpha male rather than a Kindred alpha male, and that was refreshing since he is a Kindred, and Nadiah develops from a giggling, light hearted character into a mature, strong woman. 

Arguably this book is the set up for the new story arch, but I didn't find it lacking because of that fact; it was romantic, well crafted and transitioned the universe with polish and without it feeling lack luster (which a lot of novels of a series in transition tend to be IMO) and I think that was because the main focus was on Nadiah and Rast, on them coming together as a couple, breaking Nadiah's blood bond with Y'dex and then discovering Rast's true blood lines and what that meant for the series as a whole. The new bad guys are only briefly introduced and yet we know enough them that I'm hyped for the next book. In fact, it's going to be my next read.

I'm also hyped for the next book because we are introduced to our new couple, again, characters we met earlier in the series and therefore I was already interested in reading about, so their introduction didn't detract from the novel's main focus at all. I honestly think Anderson did a fabulous job in writing this (transistional) novel and continue to be excited about the series.

4 glittering stars

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: