Review: Exiled by Evangeline Anderson

by 3/09/2014 0 comments


Kindle Edition325 pages
Published November 20th 2012 
by Evangeline Anderson Books

 Lissa is madly in love with Saber and it seems he returns her feelings but she has a problem. She and the man of her dreams both come from the same clan of the Touch Kindred. By the archaic laws of their people, they are too closely related to be bonded. Which means that even though there is no blood tie between them, they are doomed to remain apart. 

But their personal dilemmas will soon be the least of their worries. Sacred scrolls, vital to the defense of the Kindred people, have been stolen and sold to a collector on the barbaric slave planet, Yonnie Six. To retrieve them, Lissa and Saber must go undercover as Mistress and slave on the savage world where domination, submission, and kinky sex are the order of the day. Will the love between them survive this trial by fire? Or will Lissa lose everything and be Exiled from the one person she loves above all others?

A timid priestess turned Mistress...

A proud warrior posing as her slave...

Will their love blossom on the savage world where domination, submission, and kinky sex are the order of the day? 

Or will Lissa be Exiled from the one male she loves above all others?


♥My Thoughts♥

I'm nearly all caught up in this series, and have absolutely loved every single book. Lissa wasn't a character I was much drawn to in other novels in this series, but I really loved her and Saber's story. 

Lissa is a timid and very sheltered young woman. All her life she's been taught that any feelings she might have for Saber are disgusting, unnatural and dirty. But the fact of the matter is, no matter how much she tries to deny her feelings for Saber, she just can't. The mission to Yonnie Six brings not merely those feelings to the forefront where they can't be denied, but forces Lissa and Saber into situations where they have no choice but to touch--and these touches are far from innocent. 

Saber was a character I thought I'd like a bit more than I did. There wasn't anything to him that I really objected to, he's your standard issue Kindred male, and he desires Lissa no less passionately than Kindred usually desire their brides. But I thought that the theme of his submission to Lissa would develop differently, and that Saber would be INTO it in a big way. He was, but then things really changed when they are caught out by the ambassador and Saber is forced into submission. This causes him to doubt himself, how Lissa feels about him and for a time, he does push Lissa away while he gets his head space straightened out. I have to admitt, that what I do like about Saber is that he's a somewhat flawed character who rejects Lissa for a period of time because of his pride

The novel is steamy, the characters are life like, and it didn't disappoint me. Lissa comes into her own, and both she and Saber are willing to tweak their noses at tradition and expectations and fully acknowledge their love for one another. These characters grow over the course of the novel, and by the end you can see how far they've come, especially Lissa. When she stood up to the women on Yonnie Six and told them exactly what she thought about how they treat their males I was very proud of her though I knew she was treading dangerous waters. However, I do think that everything that arose from that made Lissa and Saber a stronger couple in the end. 

Another solid romance in the Brides of Kindred series.



Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: