Feature Favourite: Once and Always by Judith McNaught

by 3/12/2016 0 comments
Sometimes it's the way an author writes that sweeps you away as much as the story itself, and that's that case with Judith McNaught. Today I'm sharing a favourite of mine by this author.


Once and Always
Author: Judith McNaught

This book is also considered part of a series, called Sequels but I read it thinking it was a standalone and had no issues following the plot, and I didn't feel like I was missing anything. Why is this a favourite of mine? I suppose it's because it made me feel so much. It was so beautifully written and so much attention was paid to detail. The story unfolded so smoothly and romance was always there, rippling under the surface and then breaking the surf and just washing over you as you read this book. I felt immersed in this novel and I was so sad when it ended because it's so rare to read a novel like this, where you're so drawn into the characters and places that you feel you're there with them. I felt I had lost something once I closed this book, and so it has remained a favourite of mine. 

The Author: Judith McNaught is credited with inventing the modern Regency historical subgenre in romance. Finding out this tidbit of information made me smile because oddly, it is no great surprise. Her novels are just that good. She's a number one New York Best Selling Times author, which is again, no surprise. 40 million copies of her books are in print, in over thirty languages! 

I can't wait to read more by this great author! 

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: