What's the Scoop??? Best Reads of the Summer

by 9/24/2016 0 comments
Now that fall is really  here, I thought it would be fun to share with everyone the books I read this summer that I loved the most. I had an awesome summer by the way, very relaxing and it did my body and soul good. I swam, shopped, walked, hung out with friends, read and crocheted and just savoured the me time. Sometimes you need to recharge and I have done that and feel so much better for it. But I digress. This post is about what books I read this summer that were the absolute best.

I will say that I read a lot of books that I really enjoyed. I've learned how to pick reads that will not disappoint me. Well, for the most part anyway. Guess I just know my reading tastes really well now. But the books I loved best (in no particular order) are:


Daughters of the Bride by Susan Mallery.

I was delighted by this book and surprised by how much I enjoyed this story. It was on the lighter side, but with just enough real life to make you smile and to keep you totally invested in the story. I doubt you'd be disappointed by this novel. Smart and sassy in parts and just fun, it made for great reading.







Chill Factor by Sandra Brown.

If you've frequented the blog this summer, you know I've been devouring Sandra Brown novels, but this one is by the far the best I've read so far. Never saw the killer coming. Was gripped from beginning to end. I just loved this suspenseful read. I was on pins and needles throughout the whole novel. And the writing--well, Sandra Brown is one methodical author but her style is crisp and easy to read.




Vintage Dreams by Jannie Lund

This novel brought a smile to my face. Easy to read, it's a sweet romance and so organically developed that you just fall into the story and I was a bit swept away by the heroine's spice and humor and the hero's good nature and level headedness. I wasn't sure what to expect when  I picked this up, but was very happy that I did.





The Vistior by Amanda Stevens

No one writes a novel quite like Amanda Stevens. Her style is lyrical, her stories are eerie and supernatural. You are drawn into the setting, you believe in the ghosts and ghouls and demons and I was afraid to sleep at times after reading this for a couple of hours. My highest praise and admiration goes to this author and this series. It's wonderfully horrifying and mesmerizing and I simply cannot get enough.




A Long Time Gone by Karen White

This novel will stay with me for a long time. What a wonderful story about family and healing. It was beautifully written and I empathized deeply with the characters. It was definitely hard to put down because everything that happened had meaning, deepened the story and just hooked you that much more into the characters and their lives. I'd love to get my hands on another book that made me feel the way I did when I read A Long Time Gone.



And those are the best books I read this summer. I read a ton of other great books, but these ones stand out from the rest and therefore get to grace this post. I hope you have a chance one day to read of these wonderful novels.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: