Review: Texas Glory by Lorraine Heath

by 11/24/2013 0 comments
ebook100 pages
Published November 9th 2010 
by HarperCollins e-books (first published 1998)

SHE WAS GIVEN TO A STRANGER
Cordelia McQueen was a virtual prisoner in her father's house. Until everything changed when she was shamelessly traded in a battle for land and water rights, and thrust into an unfamiliar world as the bride of Dallas Leigh.

HE BELONGED TO THE LAND
Dallas had given his life to the land. Now he aimed to put West Texas on the map. But as he gazed into the eyes of the lovely stranger who belonged to him, he caught a glimpse of another ambition--a warm, radiant desire of the heart. Was this the woman who would walk beside him as, together, they carved out a rich future with all the promise of love?


My Thoughts

What can I say, I've fallen in love with old west romances. The covers are nice too ;) I was eager to start the second book in the Texas Trilogy by Lorraine Heath, and I have to say, I was not disappointed. I think I still liked Houston's story better, but Dallas' story was one of longing and I loved it. 

Dallas: He's in need of a son. He has everything else. He doesn't have a son. He needs a wife to get a son, so he arranges to marry a neighbour's daughter. But, as you can expect, the farther along he got into this marriage the more he realizes, he should not have rushed head long into marriage. Cordelia, or Dee as she she is affectionately called by those who love her, is a woman who is afraid of her own shadow. She's been closeted away by her family for entirely selfish reasons and Dallas immediately realizes that he can't rush this timid woman into his bed--or his heart. In fact, he's soon convinced that no matter that he loves her (and oh, does Dallas love her) that she does not love him. I adored him for the depth of his feeling. I adored him for letting Dee dream--because dreams are all we have, and that he actually let her dream and then gave her the independence and means to see those dreams into reality--well, I fell in love with him for that. 

Cordelia: She dreams big, and she's got a heart as big as Texas itself. I couldn't help but laugh when she thought that Dallas was in pain whenever they made love (which is why she didn't want to do it again after the first time), but I was touched by the fact that she couldn't stand to see him in pain. And as for why she was leaving  at the end, talk about unselfish. She was a gentle, yet strong heroine and I really liked her. It's refreshing to find a heroine who has a quiet strength like Dee does. I can't say much more about her because the things she and Dallas go through are heart breaking and I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. But every part of this story is wonderful and worth the read. 

This books leads nicely into Austin's story, and I'm expecting great things from that sensitive, big hearted soul. I'm also expecting his book will have a lot of action. 

5 glittering stars

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: