Review: Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop

by 5/11/2017 0 comments
The Others series by Anne Bishop is simply fantastic and I really loved this latest book. It's going to be very interesting to see where the series goes from here. But I guess I have to wait a while to find out, though this series is worth the wait.

Series: The Others, #5
My Rating: 5 ❀'s
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Add to Goodreads

I had no idea where the story might go or what the world would look like after the fall of the Humans First and Last movement and the destruction of so much human by the Elders. I certainly wasn't expecting everything to become so localized in a way. All attention was fixed on the Courtyard and the humans and terra indigene there, how they interact, what pack was, how much human to keep. And the Elders themselves were in the Courtyard, watching, learning, assessing. It was very interesting to learn that even these ancient and deadly forms of the Others had qualities similar to the Wolfgard and Crowgard and the forms of terra indigene we were already familiar with; qualities like curiosity,  patience, humor.

The story largely pivots around the lack of food and Lt. Montgomery's brother, Cyrus, who is a good for nothing, selfish, greedy, arrogant bad bad man. He disgusted me. Everyone recognized him for trouble, but the Elders wanted to observe him, how he could affect the human pack. They didn't understand what kind of trouble he would bring, or how he could affect not just those around him, that his actions and trouble could have long reaching repercussions. I was fascinated to see this form of terra indigene and to get to know them a little better. It seemed easy before to dismiss the dominant species as a simply powerful predator, one that was alien and therefore, difficult or even impossible to fully understand. But the Elders in this novel demonstrated that it's also their intelligence and willingness to learn that is also the reason why they dominant. I'm very curious to see what more we might learn about the Elders in the next book.

I'm also curious to see where Meg and Simon's relationship goes, as it progressed significantly in this novel. I wasn't quite expecting that, but this will be another layer to this ever evolving world.

This series is not to be missed. I mean that, it's thought provoking, entertaining and so very human.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: