Latest Acquisitions~2

by 7/29/2018 0 comments
I have more books today that I added recently to my collection. Book shopping is so much fun and even when I'm not in the market for books, I sometimes find a book in the drugstore that I just can't pass up. I'm sure you know the feeling so I don't really need to explain.

I've been getting a lot more reading done lately, and I'm quite proud of myself actually for hitting the books again. I missed my books. And I've read so many good ones lately!

But, on to the latest ones I've added to my shelves...







So by now many of you might have guessed that I've become a fan of Alison Weir. Her novels are fascinating studies of persons in history and I've reading everything I can get my hands on related to the Tudors from this fabulous author. I actually read The Lady Elizabeth (stay tuned for the review) and it looked at Elizabeth from an entirely different angle than other novels I've read depicting her before. Hats off to this author!

I have not read Mary Burton before, but this book is one I've started and it certainly seems gritty. We'll have to see. Crime mystery is a new genre to me. But I suspect since I found this novel in the romance section that I might get some devastating reading in the more traditional sense from this novel as well. 

The Woman in Cabin 10  is a novel most people will have seen I think, as it's been successful. I decided to see what all the fuss is about. I've read one book by Ruth Ware (again, stay tuned!) so I've high expectations for this novel. 

Well friends, that's it for now, but if you like this feature, it's one I hope to keep sharing with you from time to time. Which shouldn't be a problem as new acquisitions are always creeping their way onto my shelves. 

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: