What's the Scoop??? Setting the Mood for Fall

by 9/23/2018 0 comments
I am ashamed of myself as lately my blog has really suffered. The book I am reading is loooong. I have to stop doing this to myself. I also have to find more reading time somewhere. I feel as though I keep telling myself to get it together and read and blog and crochet and blog but honestly, all of my efforts have been epic fails. Thus, the shame. So, I don't have a review for you all. I am so sorry. I will soon. But in the mean time, there are some fabulous reads I can recommend to you to set the mood for fall.

Fall is my  fav time of year. It's not about pumpkin spice lattes for me, but rather the changing colours and light, the cooler days, wearing boots and light sweaters. And still not needing a parka. But it's also about the atmosphere. The last luxurious days of daylight and the crispness of it, the scent of leaves and the wind bringing in something other. 

I am alluding to that spooky feeling you get on fall nights. Especially as we creep towards Halloween. So, what are some great reads to get you into the fall swing?


One my favourite novels. I cannot recommend this book enough. It's perfect! You can read my full review about this amazing novel. I promise you, it totally sets the mood for fall. 


What can say fall or spook night more than this classic? I've read this maybe twice now, and it is quite the gothic read and therefore, perfect for the season. 


Fans of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein are sure to enjoy this novel. I remember really loving it, even though I never had time to complete the series. I totally mean to though. In this novel, we see the young Victor as he begins to grow into the man who will create the creature we so pity in Shelley's class novel. And he is as pitiable as his creation. 


I remember feeling creeped out by many of the stories in this collection. Without misstep, the settings and characters come alive as the story unfolds and you'll be sure to get a shiver or two as you read these tales. 


I could not not include this novel. It is the first in Ward's famous series, and certainly it will get you into the mood for fall, and not just because it features vampires. Dark, gritty, and amazingly sexy, this sassy novel will be sure to make you yearn from the season than simple pumpkin spice. 


I adore the fall. I'm feeling the pull more and more this time of year towards my books. I just want to snuggle into a cozy corner with a great book and read the day away. Are you feeling this way? You might want to try the novels above to help you escape the tedium of the every day. I promise they will prove devastating. 


Happy Reading, 
Jewels 


Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: