New On My Shelf, second edition

by 5/20/2019 0 comments


I just realized that I have not shared with you some very new books on my shelf. It seems that I am always acquiring books. I'm still in a bit of a reading rut, but I am slowly coming out of it. I miss reading and reviewing books so these new books are ones I intend to dive into first. In fact, I already have.




First off, after a conversation with a random stranger in the book store I decided to pick up The Witness by Nora Roberts. This is a bit of a risk for me as Nora Roberts is really hit and miss for me. She's adored by thousands, but sometimes her writing irks me. Let's hope this is not one of those times. I am liking mysteries more and more so fingers crossed. I also picked up A Willing Murder by Jude Deveraux because the title caught my eye. The blurb sounded like this story might be a good thriller and so it now sits on my shelf. A girl's gotta read ;)



I was buying a lot that day and so The Lady's Traveler's Guide to Deception with an Unlikely Earl made it home with me as well. The novel is by Victoria Alexander, who I have never read, but the story sounded engaging and possibly humorous and I love good romance so I decided I needed this book. The cover is really pretty too. Next, I found The House on Tradd Street which I had added to my TBR list ages and ages ago and forgot about but once I had it in my hands, naturally I wasn't leaving it at Chapters. I have read a book or two by Karen White so I'm certain this will be a quick read for me.

I hope to review some of these very soon for you. It hasn't been the best blogging year for me, but I am committed to continue to review books. I have so many books I want to read and review and just enjoy, and I know that soon I will be back in my reading groove.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: