Review: An English Bride in Scotland by Lynsay Sands

by 10/21/2014 0 comments
Mass Market Paperback
Published June 25th 2013 
by Avon
Series: Scottish Highlanders, #1
My Rating: 
Genre: Historical Romance



Annabel was about to take the veil to become a nun when her mother suddenly arrives at the Abbey to take her home… so that she can marry the Scottish laird who is betrothed to her runaway sister! She knows nothing about being a wife, nothing about how to run a household, and definitely nothing about the marriage bed!

But from the moment Ross MacKay sets eyes on Annabel, he is taken with his shy sweet bride… and the fact that she's blessed with lush curves only makes him utter his own prayers of thanks. But when an enemy endangers her life, he'll move the Highlands themselves to save her. For though Annabel's not the bride he planned for, she's the only woman he desires…



As many of you know, I absolutely love highlander romances. And when I saw this, I just had absolutely had to have it. And once I had it, well, it was impossible not to read it almost immediately. And I'll say right now, that I absolutely adored this book. 

I'll list some reasons this book was just wonderful. It had wonderful characters, a series of hilarious happenstances linked to something a bit more sinister and an amazing couple. I loved the way Ross was immediately taken with Annabel. He didn't even care that she was the wrong sister, he saw her and decided that wrong sister or not, he was going to marry her. And he's immediately protective of her as well, disgusted by the lack of care her parents display. I had to laugh out loud more than once with Ross as Annabel got herself into ridiculous tangles. With dresses. Read it, you'll see

Annabel impressed me. For all that she'd been raised in an abbey, and for all her shyness, she's hardly what you'd call meek and mild. She is smart, innovative and sometimes foolhardy, but she has a sweet nature and caring heart. It's easy to see why Ross is so taken with her. She's simply the type of person that everyone would love. I found it hysterical that her sister turned out to the be the sort of person that everyone would absolutely hate.
The inside cover. 

Filled with a cast of bright, vivid characters, sizzling bedroom scenes, and laugh out moments, I had a hell of a good time reading this novel. The writing and humor were crisp and everything unfolded neatly--and I didn't see the plot taking the direction it did closer to the end, so it's hardly predictable which is a plus. I read this book in one sitting and came away from it with a smile on my face. If you enjoy highlander romances and need something a littler lighter that will make you laugh, then this is the book for you. I can't wait to read book two.


Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: