What's the Scopp??? A Witchy Read or Two

by 10/12/2015 0 comments
It's a been a busy few weeks for me. Sadly, I haven't gotten in much in the way of reading during those weeks. And I have lots planned to read, just little time to read.

And oddly, all of those reads are focused around a similar theme. While romance is usually my genre of choice most days, lately I've been wanting to read a bit outside the box. And when I finished up a particularly long book a few weeks back, I decided to start reading a book I bought in the summer that sounded really good. That book was The Witches of Echo Park by Amber Benson. I'm still in the middle of it, thanks to a tired mind that apparently wants to sleep during my normal reading hours. Anyway, I plan to finish that up soon.


Now, considering how long ago I started this, I ought have been done this novel by now, so I placed a book from the library on hold, thinking it'd be a while before I got it.. And that book is one that is hugely popular and that I've been meaning to read for a while. And here is where you'll start to notice a theme because that book is A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness.


You see the pattern here? The plot thickens. While I was out browsing books in my OverDrive app, I thought I'd recommend that they purchase The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. They bought it. I have it currently available to read in my app.  I jest you say? Never!


What strikes me as most strange about all of this is not only are the reads all converging around the central theme of witches, but that these witchy reads are all coming to me in the month of October, where on Halloween, witches and spirits are supposed to haunt our doors.

So dear friends, I'd best get to my books on this beautiful October day. I have a lot of reading to do.

Happy Reading
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: