Review: Maid for Love by Marie Force

by 11/09/2016 0 comments
My friends and I recently decided that we really needed to buddy read this novel, and having never read Marie Force before, I had no idea what to expect. To say we all devoured this book would not be an exaggeration. We all read it in nearly one sitting and each of us loved it.

Series: The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #1
My Rating: 5 ❀'s
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Add to Goodreads

This novel was so well written it was not only easy to read, it became a real pager! I was just that drawn into the story. Of course, the premise might seem one you've seen before, what with Maddie getting hurt and Mac taking care of her and from there sparks fly. But it feels anything but cliche. This novel works so well that you don't notice the familiar premise. And the issues these two face are interesting to say the least.

Maddie is disliked on the island, and for reasons that seem to me entirely judgmental and small minded. They judge her based on her life choices when she was a girl in high school, and rumor, and yet, she isn't at all the person everyone thinks her to be. Nor were the life choices they think she made ones she made! Even if she had been that girl in high school, to be judged and disliked for those reasons now instead of getting to know the real Maddie made the islanders unjust and mean in by books. Especially Mac's mom who so actively sought to get Mac involved with other women when it was clear he was in love with Maddie. It made me seethe.

It also made me adore Mac all the more because he saw the real Maddie and didn't buy into the gossip and narrow minded ideas of others around him. He sees how sweet and vulnerable and strong Maddie is, and falls instantly in love with her and fights for Maddie, to earn her trust and love. He doesn't care about the opinions of others around him and I liked that he stood up for Maddie. He was high handed about it, and I hated to think they might come to an end because of that, but it was easy for me to forgive him too because he was so desperately in love with Maddie.

This is easy reading, a sweet romance with strongly drawn characters and you'll find yourself turning the pages right to the end as the story unfolds so naturally and is such a pleasure to read.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: