Review: The Peach Keeper by Sarah Allen

by 2/25/2019 0 comments
This novel was one I listened to a while back on audio, and I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly, there is an element of magic and mystery to it, but largely this is a coming of age story as well as a romance. And naturally, all of this combined made me a very happy reader.

My Rating: ❀'s
Genre: Fiction
Add to Goodreads

The characters in this story are all vibrant and interesting, and definitely my favourite character was Paxton as she was struggling to begin living her own life while still maintaining the traditions and expectations of her family. That's a really hard road to navigate and it was obvious that Paxton needed to set some boundaries for her family. What I also liked was that she was in love with a wonderful man, who it seemed was in love with her, but who was...gay. From the beginning, I had to doubt this fact, but the way this part of the story unravelled was especially good romance in my books. I can't give more away so just read this book.

Now, the story of Willa and Paxton's unexpected friendship was also very interesting as these two women are from entirely different walks of life. But I loved that there was a shared history between their grandmothers and that this unexpectedly brought these women together in a way they could never have imagined. As did the history of their town and a man called Tucker Delvin.

Here is where the magic comes in, though I'm not really sure it was magic. Perhaps more like those from beyond lending a hand to the living? I'm not sure, but I enjoyed hearing this story from the past and having the mystery explained.

By the end of the story, Paxton has really started her life. She finally moves out of her parents' home, has a true friend in Willa, and has the man of her dreams. I was very happy for her, and equally happy for Willa, who has a romance of her own.

Well written, evenly paced and with just enough splashes of romance and magic to make this story one that is truly hard to put down. Or, in my case, since I listened to it on audio, shut off. I absolutely do recommend this novel to anyone looking for a change from romance but still wanting a bit of romance in their next read. This novel won't disappoint you.

Happy Reading,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: