Exciting News

by 7/16/2012 0 comments
Hey Everyone,

I hope everyone has been enjoying reading my devastating reads for July so far! After my brief return to historical fiction in June, I've spent some weeks reading romance in various shapes and forms. It's been yummy.

This week I am out of town on vacation with my family. Is this my exciting news? Nope. This is just information about the blog, so keep reading. I worked very hard to get up the review for Warrior Ascended before I left and hope everyone enjoyed that review. I intend to keep reading on vacation. I will have both my ereader and some paperbacks with me. I figure, it's a long car ride to Quebec, I can read. Hopefully I can review a book or two when I get back. We'll see, it'll be a challenge. They'll be beach reads but hopefully darn good ones.

Books I might to review when I get back. You know, depending how that car ride goes....

Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas (book two of Friday Harbour series!!)
Prince Charming by Julie Garwood (has really good ratings on goodreads)
Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei James (book three of Rough Riders)
Glimmerglass by Jenna Black (bought this ages ago, I'll give it a go)
The Secret by Julie Garwood (highlander romance!)

I also picked up some Harlequin Intrigue novels at the drugstore. In case I need even lighter reading. Besides, they looked good. I'm a sucker for a book that looks like a good read.

Now, for my exciting news. I will be receiving an ARC of a YA novel very soon. Probably while I'm on vacation. It's on the top of my reading list, and it will launch a series of blog reads and reviews from the YA genre which I'm dying to return to at the moment. So, if you love YA, check back because I'll soon be reviewing

"He was claimed by the sea...and now it wants him back"
"A supernatural teen romance"








"In a discontent kingdom, civil war is brewing"




The first I'll be reviewing will be my ARC, and I'm keeping that title a secret for now, but it sounds awesome.  I have to say, I wish they wrote books like this when I was a kid. I wish they had jackets this beautiful when I was a kid! I've picked up YA novels only because the jacket was so lovely. And these certainly do draw you in. I have to say, the wonderful thing about YA novels today is that they are themtically challenging for young readers, but with fantastic storylines that will capture a teen's imagination. That makes them equally devastating for the adult reader. So I am very excited to be receiving the ARC and to be lanuching a series of blogs reviewing YA, a great genre.

I'll be back to blogging soon! Till then, keep reading!!



Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: