Review: Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan

by 5/25/2013 0 comments
ebook332 pages
Published October 7th 2012 
by Madeline Sheehan

Warning: This is not a "typical love story". This is an all-consuming, soul-crushing, tear-your-heart-into-pieces story. It’s intense, gritty and raw, dark and disturbing, and it doesn’t happen overnight. This is an epic love story that knows no boundaries and has no time limits. It grows and develops—with hurt, sacrifice, and heartache—over the span of a lifetime. 

Eva Fox is the princess of the Silver Demons Motorcycle Club. Growing up with bikers in the club lifestyle is all that she knows. When she’s a young girl, Eva meets the reason for her existence. Deuce West is the sexy, biker bad-ass of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. Like Eva, he was born and raised in the club—but that’s where the similarities end. Their first meeting is innocent, but as Eva matures into a woman, their chance reunions evolve into a fit of lust and love. Fate continues to bring them together time and time again, but their twisted journey is filled with pain, betrayal, and bloodshed that could tear them apart. Eva sees in Deuce what he cannot see in himself—a man worthy of love—and Eva spends her lifetime proving to him that her undeniable love is the one thing he can’t live without. 

This is Eva and Deuce’s story. 

It wasn’t easy. 
Nothing worth doing ever is.
And love is worth everything.

♥My Thoughts♥

Wow. What a read. I saw some reviews for this book, and I was intrigued. And I still don't know whether I like this book or not. It drew me in. It made me angry. It had some content that I found objectionable. It had characters that I wanted to scream at, punch, and just plain out wanted to shake. Really. Hard. While screaming at them. But I couldn't put this book down for long. Something about it was just compelling. Maybe because it was like a car accident or a train wreck. You don't want to see it happening. You want to look away. Deny it's happening. But you can't. This book was like that. I wanted to scrub it from my mind, but I just couldn't. So I kept reading. 

Deuce: The man is such an asshat. I'm sorry to say it, but there it is. I'm sorry to use the word asshat, but there's really no other way to describe him more kindly. He started out so sweet with Eva, and he seemed to be the type of character who had endured a lot, who was scarred, and I thought Eva would redeem him somehow. But as the novel went on, and he became nasty towards Eva, I just wanted to slap him. I couldn't see him as fondly as I had in the opening chapters after Eva went to find him in Montana and he was so rude and mean to her. How do you love someone that much and yet mess up so badly with them over and over and over again? I just sat and was all WTF? Does he redeem himself? Yes, absolutely. But still. WTF? 

Eva: She's something else. Wild is the only word I can think of that describes her well. She too, starts off sweet, and then as time goes on, she becomes so broken by all that she's been put through as to become as messed up as everyone else was in that book. And there were some messed up characters. Seriously. But Eva makes some damn poor choices in her life. Deuce probably guessed it right--she was used to everyone taking care of her life for her that she had no idea how to run it on her own. Who could, with someone like Frankie dominating your every breathing moment? She forgot what Deuce told her when she was little is all I can say in her defense. She let the life take away her sweetness. Again, WTF? Does she finally come to her senses and make a better life for herself? Yes. But still---WTF?  

Frankie & Chase: Dudes were both messed up. Crazy. Unloved and yet loved.
Book Two 
 Messed up big time and I disliked both of them. But I felt sorry for them too. How did I end up feeling sorry for such sorry excuses for human beings? Well, I figure someone messed up them real good at some point.

In the end, love was worth everything. Which is great, because without love, life is meaningless. Characters in this book, both the good and the bad ones were simply looking for love. Doesn't everyone in life? This book reminded me that life is sometimes ugly in violent and sinister ways. That sometimes people are victimized by others. It was gritty. It was dark. But in the end, when Deuce and Eva stop with all their drama and face the reality that they can't run from love, from each other, they find happiness. Maybe even peace. So it was worth it, all the horror and heartache and bitter regrets. But honestly, I hope life is far kinder far more often to far more people. Ms. Sheehan tells a raw a story, a story that's hard to endure in some ways, but a story that is engaging and makes you stop and think. Despite its starkness, it's worth the read. 


4 glittering stars

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: