Review: The Crush by Sandra Brown

by 1/28/2017 0 comments
I heard some buzz about this Sandra Brown and since my library had it checked in, I grabbed it. Such a good book! I soo love Sandra Brown novels. They are meaty, well told told and I love how the plot is dense. You need a dense plot I think for a novel to really stand out, and Sandra Brown novels certainly do.

My Rating: 5 ❀'s
Genre: Romantic Suspense

This novel is a little different from other others by the author in that there was no plot twist or great reveal. Which is fine by me, the story stood on it's own and didn't need it. It's just that I'm used to the unexpected with Sandra Brown and this time, it was pretty straightforward. I did love how they got the baddie at the end, I didn't see that coming until the last second when it all going down. Actually, by then it was obvious, so it's fair to say, I didn't see it coming!

I loved the plot and characters, Rennie was so cool and controlled and yet you knew all throughout the novel that she was more than meets than the eye. I loved her strength. I loved her kindness. It wasn't apparent or gushing, but quiet kindness is still kindness. It made her very human, as did the events she endured in this story. I also loved the hero, who has been dealing with the death of his brother, and the fact that he's a police officer on an undetermined leave and yet, still involved in his work thanks to his partner. He's hotheaded but he had excellent instincts and I admired him for sticking up for Rennie throughout this book.

The villain in his novel is sickening and I'm glad that the novel was resolved in the way that it was because I just couldn't stand him. He made my skin crawl. Sandra Brown has a knack for writing truly nasty villains. This novel was so good it was very hard to put down, and if you want an entertaining crime novel splashed with sizzle, I'd say you can't go wrong with this particular novel.

Happy Listening,
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: