Liebster Blog Award

by 1/16/2013 2 comments
Wonderful news! I've been nominated by Loretta from I'm Booked for the Liebster Blog Award.



Rules of the Liebster Blog Award:
Tell 11 things about yourself.
Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them. 

11 Facts About Me

1. I own four birds. 
2. I refuse to eat red meat.
3. I'm five feet and half an inch tall. 
4. I've seen every episode of every Star Trek series except the animated series. 
5. I still love Disney movies. 
6. I really love red wine. 
7. I really want to be a writer someday. 
8. I suffer from insomnia. 
9. I have really bad eye sight. 
10. I'm addicted to chips. 
11. My favourite colour is green. 

My Questions

Why did you start blogging?
 I started blogging because I discovered Goodreads and when I started posting on that site, I found that I was really enjoying writing them and sharing my thoughts and insights into the novels I was reading. I was also at a crossroads in my life, and I found I needed something creative to help me discover where I needed to journey to in life.

Name one of your favourite bloggers?
I really like Krystal over at Enchanting Reads. Her blog is beautiful and she always has a ton of stuff going on and she's really sweet. She reviews a wide range of novels too, and I love how creatively the blog is put together. She inspired me to get more creative with the look of my blog. 

What’s your favourite book?
Am I only allowed to name just one? I have about fifteen on my favourites shelf on my Goodreads page! If I had to narrow it down, I think I'd have to say Pride and Prejudice. For me, Austen's story of Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy never gets old. It's always fresh and makes me laugh. Austen herself called it "light and bright and sparkling" and I totally agree! 

What’s your favourite film (that was originally a book)?
Well, this question is much easier! Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone of course! I love all the Harry Potter movies of course, but once I saw that movie, I just had to see what all the craze was about. I discovered a great classic read of our day. 

Do you have a pet?
Yes. I have four birds. Two diamond doves and two budgies. Both are an Australian species, though they can't be housed together.My budgies are my babies and my doves are my lovelies. My budgies are Wings and (Beautiful) Daisy, and the doves I call Lord and Lady. 

What’s your star sign?
My Western star sign is a Leo! I'm kind bright and sparkling too ;) My Chinese star sign is Monkey, and together they keep me honest.  

If you wrote a book what would it be about?
Ahem. It's a romance blog. What do you think my book would be about? Romance of course! I think I love the genre so much because I'm turning into a Romantic with a capital R, and despite popular belief, the genre still holds true to many of those ideals. 

Who’s your favourite author?
Is it okay if I say I don't know? Because, really it's hard to chose. I love Lisa Kleypas, but I'm also a big J.R Ward fan. I also love everything Jane Austen ever wrote. I love Kate Quinn too. So I don't know how to chose. 

Do you play an instrument?
Sadly, no. I was taking piano lessons for a couple of years but I stopped last year and I haven't picked it up again. I was only in grade two so I can't really play without instruction. I really want to learn though, so I hope I can continue lessons some time in future. 

If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
Well, I'm planning a trip to the UK for the summer. But at this exact moment I would really love to be on a beach in Cuba or some place like that. I could do with some fun in the waves right about now.

Who’s your favourite book character?

Scarlett O'Hara. I know, I'm all over the place lol I read a lot of different genres and no matter how often I read Gone with the Wind, I always feel so sorry for Scarlett. She makes me horribly mad at times, but I always feel sad for her. I think she's probably the most admirable character I've ever read that was also so flawed. 

Questions for my nominees

1. What genre do you most enjoy reading?
2. If you could be any character from a novel, which character would you be?
3. If you had a favourite teacher, why was he/she your favourite teacher?
4. Which do you like best--real books or ebooks, and why?
5. What's the longest book you ever read?
6. Which blog can you not stop stalking and why?
7. What's your favourite song?
8. Library--do you get your reads from there or do you buy your reads?
9. Are you a morning lark or a night owl?
10. Did you ever break a bone or sprain a part?
11. When writing, do you prefer a pen or laptop?

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

2 comments:

Delaney said...

THANKS FOR NOMINATE!!!! ^^

Jewels E said...

You're welcome!