Reading Challenge Reveal

by 1/01/2013 4 comments


Happy New Year Everyone!

All right, now that it's the NEW year (and now that I've finally decided) I'm going to share with you my 2013 Goodreads Reading Challenge. It wasn't easy to decide what the heck I wanted to do with my reading challenge this year. I mean last year, I signed up for 100 books just to see if it was do-able (and to see if I could keep up with my BFF and while I'm up there with her, she manages to read more than I do, 150 in 2012 so I, uh, didn't "beat" her or anything. Ssshhhhh, don't tell anyone!) but I thought this year the reading should not just be more challenging, but more organized? Selective? Restricted? No, none of that is right. I'll go with more FUN.

I mean, I love reading romance. I do I do I do. But, I don't want to fall into the trap that I read so much of it I forget about everything else and then, in ten years, get tired of the genre. I mean, I love it too much to let that happen. Now for the reveal. You ready??

I have decided I'm combining all of my clauses. I'm challenging myself to read 125 books. Three (3) have to be classics. Le sigh. Those are dense, time consuming reads. Most of my reads will come from my to be read list and many will continue with series I have already started. Hmmm. This really is a challenge.

Let's see if I can do it! Ready....set....READ!

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

4 comments:

Mel P said...

LOL! You're too funny. It's not a competition you know. I'm not much of a classical reader but I'll try to read one this year. I also want to finish a couple of series I started as well. Hmmm, I'll have to think how I want to do this.

Jewels E said...

I know it's not a competition lol still, I wanted to read just as many books as you and I couldn't. :( ah well, that's why it's a new year! Good luck to us both chickie!

Kara said...

Hi Giulia! All of a sudden I realized the other day that I haven't been keeping up with my blogging buddies. Like you! :( At the end of last year, I was going through a reading funk so I wasn't blogging much or reading many blogs either. Yuck. Don't know what happened there. But I think I'm on the other side of it now! :) Anyway, I decided now was a good time to check up on you. Looks like things are going great so far. Good luck with the classics. I haven't been brave enough to want to challenge myself with those yet. :D I also am doing a goodreads challenge this year, but I set my bar low so that if I go over, I'll feel awesome! (I know, kind of silly.)

Jewels E said...

Ha, you're so funny Kara! I've read a lot of classics, but it's time to get to those I wasn't asked to read as a student :) Nice to see you here!