Review: Unravel Me by Kendall Ryan

by 3/28/2013 0 comments
Paperback214 pages
Published September 22nd 2012 by Createspace

Psychology student Ashlyn Drake’s neat, orderly life takes a turn for the crazy when she finds the perfect subject for her amnesia thesis – a young man without any memory of his previous life, including the murder he’s accused of committing.

Against all common sense, Ashlyn’s drawn to him like a moth to a flame. Perhaps it’s that he’s so incredibly male, and even handcuffed to his hospital bed he could pass for a cologne ad – Scent de Insanity. Or perhaps it’s because she’s spent too many lonely nights studying. Either way, she’s determined to help him solve the mystery of his past. She begins to unravel who he was before, using his cryptic tattoos, and his paintings that scream of a dark past as her only clues. When she finally learns his secret there’s no telling which one is the real him, the gentle lover she’s fallen for or the troubled man with a dark past.

UNRAVEL ME is a contemporary erotic romance.


My Thoughts

I remember adding Unravel Me to my TBR list a while back, but naturally it got buried under the three hundred other books I have on that list. Anyway, when I realized that Kendall Ryan has a new book coming out in May, I decided I'd better pick this one up.

I was so not disappointed with my first read by Ms. Ryan! Unravel Me isn't just sexy, it's romantic and touching and made me see the attraction of the alpha male in a whole new light. I can't wait to read more by Kendall Ryan. But first off, let's talk about Ashlyn and Logan.

Ashlyn: I wasn't sure I was going to like her character at first, but I really did enjoy her. She's young and driven, but she's also very warm and kind hearted. I liked that she didn't have any hang ups that got in the way of her romance with Logan. I also was glad to see that she made her own judgement about what type of person Logan was, rather than letting the circumstances determine that for her.

Logan: I adored him. He was sweet and sensitive and like Ashlyn, I was sure he was not a killer. I've never gone for super possessive heroes in romance. Very few of them have made me fall head over heels in love with them, but I really loved Logan (or Aiden, as we find out is his real name). I liked that we got to see how sweet and thoughtful Logan was, how much he cared for Ashlyn, before we saw his possessive side.

I totally loved this read. It devastated me in unexpected ways. Ms. Ryan interwove love and loss, romance and sizzling steam into a story that thrilled and delighted me. I'd recommend this hot read to all fans of romance.

5 glittering stars

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: