Reading Goals 2019

by 1/20/2019 0 comments


Happy New Year!  I know 2018 was not the best book blogging year I've ever had, and I'm sad that I didn't get to read more. There was a lot going on in my life, and somehow my reading time and therefore my blog took a huge hit.

But it is a new year, even if I am posting this three weeks into that year, and I do have goals to make this a better reading year.

Goal One: Read Everyday

Sadly, this was not something I was doing last year. It wasn't really by choice, but with me doing some different things, I sometimes went to bed without having read a single word of my book. Awful right? I totally agree and so the first goal must to be to read every single day. I'm so looking forward to it because I have tons of books I'm really dying to read and have been for a while, so I'm going to make this happen.


Goal Two: Read a Variety of Genres

I think for a long time I was so exclusively reading romance that I lost touch with other genres I enjoy reading like historical fiction. Which caused me to go on a binge of reading historical fiction novels last year. So I'm hoping to really mix things up and read a greater variety of genres--mystery, fiction, romance and whatever else might take my fancy. I have tons of unread books of all genres lining my shelves so this goal is totally attainable.


Goal Three: Set a Blogging Schedule 

I have never been one to blog by a schedule because I hate schedules. I just feel so pressured and then  blogging stops being fun. It starts being work. And I already have a very demanding full time job so I don't need my blog to feel like work. But I do think I want to set a schedule of posting on Thursdays at least twice a month. So that way I can get out reviews and hopefully even some other content. So far back to work in 2019 has been a bit rocky but from here on in, you can count on more posts. Please stay tuned.


Three goals I think is enough for someone who has really not been reading or book blogging in a while. I hope you all haven't entirely given up on me. I have always loved books and reading and blogging about books has been brought me a lot of fulfillment and I hope has helped you find truly devastating reads. I am trying to also jazz things up a bit on the blog in terms of my look; hopefully this make the experience a bit nicer for all of you readers. I am really excited to get back to reading and book blogging.

Happy Reading,
Jewels








Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: