Quote It!~7 Angelfall, by Susan Ee

by 4/09/2014 0 comments
Dear Readers, 

I always look forward to bringing you a Quote It! post, and hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Today I'm sharing quotes from an amazing YA urban fantasy novel,  Angelfall, by Susan Ee.

I have been meaning to read this for a long time, but as Frost says, way leads on way and I didn't get around to reading this for far longer than I meant to. I'm so glad I finally bumped it up!

But it's time for quotes, so ere we go!

It's not the gentle kiss of a couple on a first date, nor is it the kiss of a man driven by simple lust. He kisses me with the desperation of a dying man who believes the magic of eternal life is in this kiss. The ferocity of his grip around my waist and shoulders, the grinding pressure of his lips, has me off balance so that my thoughts whirl out of control. 

The combined effect of the soft light behind him from the bathroom and the steam curling around his muscles gives the impression of a mythological water god visiting our world. 

I want so bad to stroke his face and tell him that it will be okay. That everything will be all right. And I wish so badly that it would be. 

I'm proud to be human. We're ever so flawed. We're frail, confused, violent, and we struggle with so many issues. But all in all, I'm proud to be a Daughter of Man.

Thanks for reading!





Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: