Review: Unbuttoned by Maisey Yates

by 4/21/2014 0 comments
Kindle Edition116 pages
Published June 18th 2013 
by InterMix
Dear Readers, 

I have read a few novels by Maisey Yates, and was always impressed so when I discovered this series, Silver Creek, I was over the moon. I decided to start with the prequel with the series since it was short and sweet, and I was impressed by how good this quick read was.

My Rating: 

The Blurb:


Carly Denton has learned to keep her buttons and emotions firmly fastened. Her parents’ constant drama, and an unrequited crush on her brother’s best friend, taught her to keep her passion beneath the surface. But she can no longer avoid the one man with the ability to bring that passion to a boil... 

Lucas remembers Carly as a freckle-faced tomboy—not a frosty woman who treats him like a burr under her saddle. But when they must work together on a charity project, Lucas is shocked to find their bickering melt into some serious mutual attraction. He’s determined to show Carly that he’s the man for her, if only she’d learn to let loose. 

Lucas is the last man on earth Carly should give in to. The freedom she finds in his arms has her feeling happier than ever, but is it enough to make her realize that the greatest risk isn’t losing your heart, but losing the chance at happiness? 


♥My Thoughts♥


I really enjoyed this novel. It was well developed, the characters were vivid and the story line had a conflict that made sense and fit the characters. I was once again blown out of the water by this author. I usually enjoy novellas, but I honestly thought this one had substance and was especially well told. My hat goes off to Ms. Yates for writing a superb story in a mere one odd pages. 

Carly was a bit of an uptight character (hence her need to be unbuttoned) but she also made so much sense. Her childhood had brought to the place she was in life, afraid to live it for fear of becoming too much like her mother, a laughingstock, for fear that love would cause her both heartahce and a complete loss of dignity.
Book One, released 2013 
 I felt for her. The more I read about Carly, the more I liked her character. It touched me and saddened me that she had been so afraid of men that she had never been in a real relationship until she was with Lucas, a relationship that she only ever intended to be an affair. She hadn't counted on her heart becoming so involved.


Lucas Miller was just the man to unbutton Carly, the man she'd loved all her life but had built up walls against in order to protect herself. She thought she was protecting herself from men like Lucas, who'd she'd painted as a player, but that wasn't what Carly was protecting herself against. Lucas knew that, but it hurt that Carly would leave him when she was the first person he'd dared love. I honest to goodness was worried (for a about a fraction of a second because I trust in romancelandia) that these two might have too much between them for love to conquer all. But like I said, I was quick to wake up and smell the roses. 

I loved that it was Carly who leaped into the love affair. I loved that it was Lucas who wanted more. I loved the banter between these two, the bickering and the way everything felt real in this novel. I loved that it was Carly who risked it all for Lucas in the end, and I loved the ending as well as the perfect epilogue for the story. This is a series that promises to be beautifully wrought with emotion and situations that resonate as true and real and I cannot wait for more.



Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: