Review: The Scribe by Elizabeth Hunter

by 4/22/2014 0 comments
Kindle Edition256 pages
Published October 15th 2013 
by E. Hunter
Dear Readers, 

I want to know why I didn't read this before now. I want to know what I was thinking by not reading this sooner. I want to know how on earth I missed this novel until now. What was I doing until the day I picked up this book?? I can't understand why I took so long to read this. I read this amazing novel in one day.

My Rating: 

The Blurb: 


Hidden at the crossroads of the world, an ancient race battles to protect humanity, even as it dies from within.

Ava Matheson came to Istanbul looking for answers, but others came looking for her. A reckless warrior guards her steps, but will Malachi’s own past blind him to the truth of who Ava might be? While ancient forces gather around them, both Ava and Malachi search for answers. 

Whispering voices. Deadly touch. Their passion should be impossible... or it could be the only thing that will keep them alive.


♥My Thoughts♥

Oh wow. That's all I can say at the moment. I am blown away by this novel. Both powerful and moving, this was one read I could not put down. I had to at one point, because I needed to sleep, but the minute I opened my eyes I was reading it until the last word on the last page. Need an urban fantasy fix with a romance that is just sizzling? If I were you, I'd pick this up right now. In fact, I might do a re-read before the spring is out. It has been a very long time since I read anything quite this good.

I was swept away both by the setting of this novel and the characters. Both Ava and Malachi were fascinating to read about and I thought they were exquisitely drawn by the author. Each vulnerable in their own way, but also incredibly strong, I really loved and admired these two. Ava arrives in Istanbul hoping that she can get some relief for the voices that have plagued her all her life. By chance, she comes to Malachi's attention when two Grigori soldiers begin to hunt her.
Book Two of the Irin Chronicles
Expected Publication, May 6, 2014

Only they don't hunt Ava in the normal way. And that makes Malachi curious about her. He makes it his job to guard her, and the friendship that develops is oddly honest and open considering that Malachi is posing as her bodyguard. As the story develops, I became wrapped up in the mystery and magic and sorrow of it. Full of suspense that was both languid and engaging, I found I could not get enough of this story. And the more we discovered about Ava, who she really is and why she hears voices, and her connection to Malachi, the more I was drawn into the mystery and romance.

And there is romance. It's a slow burn romance, but one that is beautifully developed and just leaves you all le sigh. I actually cried during this novel because it was so wrought with emotion. I think I said that somewhere in this review before, but it bears saying again. The imagination of this author and the polish she gave to this novel made for purely amazing reading. This is undoubtedly the best novel I have read this year so far, and even hours after I've read it, I cannot get it out of my head. Am I impatient to read the second book? You betcha. And it's going to be an automatic buy the second it comes out, let me tell you. This story truly captured me from beginning to end, and if I didn't have, I wouldn't wait for to read it. I'd be reading it right now. Now, how many days is it till May 6th?



Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: