Review: Unleashed by Cherrie Lynn

by 12/16/2012 0 comments
Hey Everyone!

Hope you are all well! It's a hectic time of year, but I do have a review to share with you today. It's for an erotic romance I heard about on Goodreads. Hope you all enjoy!

Summary from Goodreads
Paperback, 216 pages
Published February 2nd 2010
by Samhain Publishing (first published April 21st 2009)

ISBN
1605045535 (ISBN13: 9781605045535)
It’s not enough that Kelsey’s husband left her for another woman. Oh, no. The “other woman” had to be her best friend Evan’s fiancĂ©e. Not only has she lost her marriage, she fears losing Evan to the lingering awkwardness and humiliation that hangs between them.
Evan has no intention of letting that happen. He’s got plans…namely, an extra plane ticket to Hawaii now his future wife is out of the picture. There’s only one person he wants on the trip with him, the one who’s always been there for him. The one he should never have let slip away into the arms of a traitorous friend who shattered her heart.
Kelsey is anticipating a week of fun in the sun with the man who’s always treated her like a little sister. No one’s more surprised when she discovers that Evan has seduction on his mind—and that she’s more than ready for it.
Love is the most powerful healing force of all. But past demons have a way of ripping open old wounds, and threatening the survival of even the strongest friendship…
Warning: This title contains explicit sex between best friends, graphic language…and a hero who knows how to put the hot in “hot tub”.

Review

Now, the premise of this book of two best friends falling in love with one another is a rather sweet one. Until you read that disclaimer about the novel containing hot explicit bedroom scenes and then it's all ooohhhh. Personally, that sucked me in more because you know how I am about these ridiculous premises. Anything that involves couples being thrown together unexpectedly just makes me giggle and usually are reads I enjoy.

I wasn't sure what to make of this novel at first. It was clear from the outset that both Kelsey and Evan had had feelings for each for a long time. And that despite the fact that Kelsey was married, and Evan had been engaged,  they deeply mattered to one another and that their timing had always been just wrong. So instead of getting the pleasure of watching two best friends fall in love, what I got was two best friends feeling awkward about feelings they used to have and were resurfacing because of what their respective partners had done together. With the resurfacing of the feelings of course, came some tender scenes and hot, and I mean seriously hot bedroom scenes, but the romance was more of them confessing their love to one another than of falling in love with one another. So I was a tad disappointed in that respect, because that's not what I thought would happen.

So as I was trying to deal with being delivered something other than expected, I think I failed to notice, at first, how well written the characters were. I didn't notice it until closer to the end that they both fully developed, cognisant individuals. And that's when I really started to enjoy the novel. Up until that point, I had thought of Kelsey as bit too much of a worrywart and of Evan as too much vanilla topped with hot chocolate sauce for variety. I hadn't realized how deeply Kelsey had been devastated by Todd's betrayal, or that Evan was really a kind hearted, stand up right sort of guy underneath his sexy flirtations and even tempered demeanour. So, the novel surprised me!! I actually quite enjoyed it in the end.

If you feel the need for a sexy read, you might want to give this one a try. If you simply like the notion of best friends falling head over heels for each, this is one story where it's both sweet and hot. Enjoy!

3.5 glittering stars

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: